Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Coventry Unusual Suspects Reunion - 2006

So I'm actually on holiday in the UK right now. Last weekend, went up to the midlands, Coventry to be precise, to catch up with old friends. Little did I know, I was in for a bit of a surprise. Old housemate Fluffy came all the way from Kent to come visit, and it all turned into a bit of a reunion...

DAY ONE: Friday at the Whitefriars

When asked about what it was like living in our old house, Fluffy denies everything...


Dudge spins Broomie a yarn, while Fergie and Copie look on. And, yes, it appears Copie has stolen both mine and Fluffy's hair.



Ben reacts appropriately to the situation.


Me and Paul catch up with Mark 'Khorne' Buttree, who I haven't seen in about 10 years.



DAY TWO: Watching Rugby at the Aardvark, and then, heck why not, back to the Whitefriars...


Fluffy has been stung by a wasp. On the ring finger. He has a very big (wedding) ring and can't get the damned thing off. At this point, the hospital has given him drugs to reduce the swelling, which means he can't drink, but the drugs aren't working, so he's wrapped the thing in ice in case that works instead. Here he is resting his head on the thing, desperately hoping that holding his hand up will help some.



Fluffy anoints my head with melting wasp-sting ice. I feel positively saved from the threat of wasp-stings.


Broomie and Marty-T commiserate after watching England lose again.


After finally giving up and heading to the hospital to get his ring cut off, Fluffy joins us back at the Whitefriars later in the evening decrying 'I don't care if the drugs make me fall asleep in five minutes, I'm having a bloody beer.'


Not content with just being old housemates, me and Fluffy discover we were separated at birth.


Seriously. It's quite scary.


Hankering for a little slice of home, I decided to buy two bags of Roast Chicken crisps. Half way through the first one, everyone complains that 'it really smells', so I have to wait until Sunday morning before I'm allowed to eat the second one.
And so the reunion went. Day Three was spent at Broomie's writing a new song for Earth Calling Angela, but like an idiot, I forgot to take pictures of this momentous occasion. So I'd like to thank everyone who came out for our two days of catching up, debaucherous nostalgia trips, and general silliness. Meant a lot to me, it did.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Oh my God! You and Fluffy have morphed into one person! That's VERY scary.